Tags: Baking, BBQ, Cooking, Cooking Tips, Food, Gas Grills, Grilling, Kitchen Hints, recipes
Here’s a grill safety tip to keep in mind…….
Don’t turn on the gas while your grill lid is closed. Never do this. It causes gas to build up inside your grill, and when you do light it and open it, a fireball can explode in your face.
Tags: Baking, Cooking, Cooking Tips, Food, Grilling, Kitchen Hints, Meat, recipes
Is it done? The best way to know if protein is fully cooked is to check its internal temperature with an instant-read thermometer.
Tags: Baking, Cooking, Cooking Tips, Food, Food Storage, Freezers, Grilling, Kitchen Hints, recipes
Organize your freezer……
* Organize your freezer space into food groups: meat, fish, leftovers fruit, and vegetables. Makes for a quick find of what you are looking for instead of a search party.
* Put older packages at the front of the freezer so you can use them first.
* Make sure you label all bags and containers; contents and date frozen.
Tags: Baking, Cooking, Cooking Tips, Crock Pot Liners, Crock Pots, Food, Kitchen Hints, recipes, Slow Cookers
Love these Liners…….
Using Crock Pot Liners make for a super easy clean up and it doesn’t effect the cooking of your crock pot. You can find these liners at most grocery stores. They are worth every penny of the cost!
Tags: Apple Peels, Apples, Baking, Cooking, Cooking Tips, Food, Grilling, Kitchen Hints, recipes, Spices
Love this hint……..
Instead of throwing away apple peels, saute them in butter, then spice them with sugar and cinnamon.
Tags: Baking, Butter, Cheese, Cooking, Cooking Tips, FoodBaking, Grilling, Kitchen Hints, recipes
Thank you to Dora M. for passing this hint along……
Cheese won’t harden if you butter the exposed edges before storing.
Tags: Baking, BBQ, Cooking, Cooking Tips, Food, Grilling, Kitchen Hints, Meat, recipes, Salt, Sodium
Hold the Salt……..
When grilling meat don’t add any salt until the meat is cooked to prevent it from getting dry and tough, as the salt will draw away moisture.
Tags: Baking, Coking Tips, Cooking, Food, Grilling, Kitchen Hints, recipes, Vegetables
Thank you to K.T for passing these hints along…….
Keep the color on your vegetables……
* To keep boiled vegetables bright-colored, add a few drops of olive oil to the water.
* To keep vegetables from discoloring after they are peeled, cut the pieces into a bowl of salted water (about 1 tablespoon to a quart of water). This works especially well with potatoes.
Tags: Baking, Cooking, Cooking Tips, Food, Grilling, Kitchen Hints, Onions, recipes
Why you should eat Onions………
* The phytochemicals in onions along with their vitamin C help improve immunity.
* Onions contain chromium, which assists in regulating blood sugar.
* For centuries, onions have been used to reduce inflammation and heal infections.
Tags: Almond Flour, Almonds, Baking, Cooking, Cooking Tips, Flour, Food, Grilling, Kitchen Hints, recipes
Almond flour, also known as almond meal, is an alternative to wheat flour for baking and cooking. The only ingredients in blanched almond flour are ground, whole almonds with the skin removed. This flour is gluten-free, low in carbohydrates, high in fiber and a high source of protein.