Tags: Baking, Chicken, chicken breasts, Chicken Thighs, Cooking, Cooking Tips, Food, Grilling, Kitchen Hints, recipes
Forget the Breasts, give me a Thigh……
Try using Chicken Thighs more often. Chicken breasts are expensive and can get dull after a while; thighs are juicier, cheaper, and more flavorful.
Tags: Baking, Cooking, Cooking Tips, Food, Grilling, Kitchen Hints, Potatoes, recipes, Russet Potatoes, Starch
Some reasons to love Potatoes even more………
* Just 110 calories.
* No fat, sodium or cholesterol.
* Nearly half your daily value of vitamin C.
* More potassium than a banana.
* A good source of vitamin B6.
* Fiber, magnesium and antioxidants.
* Resistant starch.
* Blood-Pressure Lowering Potential of Potatoes.
Tags: Baking, Clams, Cooking, Cooking Tips, Food, Grilling, Kitchen Hints, oysters, recipes, Seafood
Making Clams or Oysters for Dinner……….
Clams and oysters will be simple to open if washed with cold water, then placed in a plastic bag and put in the freezer for one hour. And a lot quicker and less mess!
Tags: Baking, BBQ, Cooking, Cooking Tips, Food, Gas Grills, Grilling, Kitchen Hints, recipes
Here’s a grill safety tip to keep in mind…….
Don’t turn on the gas while your grill lid is closed. Never do this. It causes gas to build up inside your grill, and when you do light it and open it, a fireball can explode in your face.
Tags: Baking, Cooking, Cooking Tips, Food, Grilling, Kitchen Hints, Meat, recipes
Is it done? The best way to know if protein is fully cooked is to check its internal temperature with an instant-read thermometer.
Tags: Baking, Cooking, Cooking Tips, Food, Food Storage, Freezers, Grilling, Kitchen Hints, recipes
Organize your freezer……
* Organize your freezer space into food groups: meat, fish, leftovers fruit, and vegetables. Makes for a quick find of what you are looking for instead of a search party.
* Put older packages at the front of the freezer so you can use them first.
* Make sure you label all bags and containers; contents and date frozen.
Tags: Apple Peels, Apples, Baking, Cooking, Cooking Tips, Food, Grilling, Kitchen Hints, recipes, Spices
Love this hint……..
Instead of throwing away apple peels, saute them in butter, then spice them with sugar and cinnamon.
Tags: Baking, Butter, Cheese, Cooking, Cooking Tips, FoodBaking, Grilling, Kitchen Hints, recipes
Thank you to Dora M. for passing this hint along……
Cheese won’t harden if you butter the exposed edges before storing.
Tags: Baking, BBQ, Cooking, Cooking Tips, Food, Grilling, Kitchen Hints, Meat, recipes, Salt, Sodium
Hold the Salt……..
When grilling meat don’t add any salt until the meat is cooked to prevent it from getting dry and tough, as the salt will draw away moisture.
Tags: Baking, Coking Tips, Cooking, Food, Grilling, Kitchen Hints, recipes, Vegetables
Thank you to K.T for passing these hints along…….
Keep the color on your vegetables……
* To keep boiled vegetables bright-colored, add a few drops of olive oil to the water.
* To keep vegetables from discoloring after they are peeled, cut the pieces into a bowl of salted water (about 1 tablespoon to a quart of water). This works especially well with potatoes.