Velveeta Cheesy Skillet Nacho Supreme w/…August 24, 2011 at 5:31 PM | Posted in diabetes, diabetes friendly, Food, ground turkey | Leave a comment
Tags: Beef mince, Cheese, Cheeseburger, cook, Hamburger Helper, Home, New York Times, Turkey, Velveeta
Velveeta Cheesy Skillet Nacho Supreme w/…
Today’s Menu: Velveeta Cheesy Skillet Nacho Supreme w/ Tostio’s Scoops
Tried another of the Kraft/Velveeta Cheesy Skillets Dinner Kits. They have different kinds and I tried the Nacho Supreme this time. This dinner kit includes: Pasta, Velveeta Cheese Sauce, Salsa and Seasoning Pack. All I had to do was add the water and 1lb. of Ground Turkey. It’s ready in about 20 minutes. I’ll leave the instructions at the end of the post. It’s 360 calories and 31 carbs but that’s your complete meal. I had a side of Tostio’s Whole Grain Scoops. When you get the chance try the new Velveeta Cheesy Skillet Dinners, the Nacho Supreme is as good as the Ultimate Cheeseburger, both are delicious. Both call for using Hamburger but I substituted the Hamburger with Lean Ground Turkey for both dinner kits.
* 1 LB. Ground Beef or Ground Turkey
* Cups Water
* Nacho Chips (Optional)
* 1 Velveeta Cheesy Skillets Dinner Kit/Nacho Supreme
* Brown 1 LB. Ground Turkey in large skillet. Drain
* Add 2 cups water, seasoning and pasta. Bring to a boil. Reduce Heat.
* Cover, Simmer and stir often until most of water is gone about 9-11 minutes. Remove from heat.
* Add Cheese from Velveeta Cheese Pouch and Salsa Pouch. Stir in Cheese Sauce and serve!
* You can add Nacho Chips as a side or crumble some chips and add them to the mixture