Wild Idea Buffalo Recipe of the Week – Mushroom & Onion Stuffed Buffalo Blue BurgersJanuary 29, 2014 at 11:54 AM | Posted in Wild Idea Buffalo | 2 Comments
Tags: Bison, Blue cheese, Buffalo Burgers, Cooking, Food, recipes, Wild Idea Buffalo
Another version of the always delicious Wild Idea Buffalo Burger, Mushroom & Onion Stuffed Buffalo Blue Burgers. As always it’s from the recipes of Jill O’Brien of Wild Idea Buffalo.
Mushroom & Onion Stuffed Buffalo Blue Burgers
2 lbs. Wild Idea Ground Buffalo
2 Tbl. olive oil
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. black pepper
3 Tbl. butter
1 onion, diced
1 cup sliced mushrooms
½ tsp. salt
1 tsp. pepper
6 to 12 oz. Maytag Blue Cheese
6 Potato Rolls
* Mix buffalo, olive oil and 1 tsp. each of salt & pepper together and form into 12 burgers. Make burgers a bit bigger then the bun to allow for shrinkage. Cover and refrigerate.
* In heavy sauté pan, over medium high heat melt butter.
* Add onions, ½ tsp salt & 1 tsp pepper and sauté for 5 minutes. Edges should brown a bit.
* Add mushrooms and continue to sauté for an additional 5 minutes.
* Lower heat to medium and let cook until browned. About 5 minutes.
* Transfer to a bowl and let cool.
* Remove Buffalo Burgers from refrigerator and spoon desired amount in the center of 6 burgers. Place the other burger on top and secure edges.
* Turn gas grill to high heat or get coals very hot with cleaned & oiled grid low to heat.
* Place burgers on grill over hot heat and grill for 3 minutes.
* Turn and top with 1 to 2 oz Blue Cheese and grill for an additional 3 minutes.
* Serve on Potato Rolls and serve with pickled crudites, lettuce and tomato garnie and Buffalo Chips (recipe for Buffalo Chips included with this months special).