Buffalo Chicken Wings w/ Oven-Roasted Fingerling Potato FriesJuly 13, 2012 at 6:03 PM | Posted in chicken, diabetes, diabetes friendly, low calorie, low carb, potatoes | 1 Comment
Tags: Black pepper, Breyer, Buffalo wing, cook, Olive oil, Rosemary, Saturated fat, Trans fat
Today’s Menu: Buffalo Chicken Wings w/ Oven-Roasted Fingerling Potato Fries
I wasn’t sure on what I was going to have for dinner so I went to the grocery to see what I could find. I went to Walmart and decided to give Tyson Buffalo Style Wings a try. It had been a long time since I had wings and it sounded good. I also picked up some Fingerling Potatoes. It was the first time I had Tyson Buffalo Style Wings, they also had 2 other kinds that I’ll be giving a try. I baked the wings on 425 degrees for 37 minutes. They came out fantastic! The wings were very good size wings nice and meaty with great Buffalo Sauce flavor. I served them with a side of Litehouse Chunky Bleu Cheese Dip.
I also had Fingerling Potatoes that I quartered into fries. I seasoned them with McCormick Grinder Sea Salt and Black Peppercorn, Rosemary, and Extra Virgin Olive Oil. You can season these with your favorite spices and herbs. After quartering the potatoes I put them in a bowl and added Extra Virgin Olive Oil tossing them in the bowl till all the potatoes were coated with the Olive Oil. Then I seasoned them with the Salt, Pepper, and Rosemary and once again tossing them in the bowl until they were all seasoned. I baked them on a foil lined cookie sheet along side the Wings, both came out at the same time about 35 minutes. i just love the flavor of Fingerling Potatoes! They came out perfect browned, a little crisp, and well seasoned. The Rosemary goes great with Potatoes. I left the product description of the Tyson Wings and the recipe for the Potatoes at the end of the post. For dessert another bowl of Breyer’s Carb Smart Vanilla Ice Cream topped with those South Carolina Peaches!
Oven-Roasted Fingerling Potato Fries
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1.) Thoroughly clean and scrub the potatoes.
2.) Cut the potatoes in half. This will allow the fingerlings to cook faster and also gives them a nice crisp.
3.) Toss in olive oil. I used about 2 tablespoons, but this will vary by how many potatoes you use. Just use enough oil to give the potatoes a nice coat.
4.) Put on a baking sheet (I line mine with tin foil to cut down on clean-up).
5.) Season with dry ingredients, or a combination of seasonings you like.
6.) Cook in the oven for 25-35 minutes at 450 degrees. The potatoes should be tender in the middle when done.
Buffalo Style Flavored Chicken Wings (3 lb. bag)
Tyson® Individually Frozen Buffalo Style 1st and 2nd joint Wings are perfect for game time or a fun family meal. These oven-bake wings pair perfectly with easy-to-prepare dip recipes on the back of the bag! Contains up to 21% seasoning solution.
UNCOOKED: FOR SAFETY, PRODUCT MUST BE COOKED TO AN INTERNAL TEMPERATURE OF 180°F AS MEASURED BY A THERMOMETER.
1. Preheat oven to 450°F.
2. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil and spray with non-stick spray.
3. Place frozen chicken wing sections on pan in a single layer.
4. Cook on upper rack for 35 – 38 minutes or until juices run clear when thickest part of the chicken is pierced and temperature on instant read thermometer reaches 180°F. For crisper wings: cook wing sections on a non-stick sprayed baking rack over a foil-lined rimmed baking sheet.
1. Spray grill with non-stick spray prior to cooking.
2. Gas Grill: Heat only one side of grill. Charcoal Grill: Pile coals on only one side of grill and heat.
3. Place wings on grill away from the heat. Cook, covered, until wings begin to brown.
4. Move wings directly over heated side of the grill and turn frequently.
5. Cook until the temperature in the thickest part reaches 180°F on an instant read thermometer. Appliances vary. Cooking times approximate. Adjust accordingly to ensure internal temperature reaches 180°F.
COOKING TIMES AND OVEN TEMPERATURES MAY VARY, ADJUST ACCORDINGLY.
Serving Size: 4 OZ (112g)
Servings Per Container: About 8
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 110 Calories 190
% Daily Value*
18%Total Fat 12g
18%Saturated Fat 3.5g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2.5g
Monounsaturated Fat 6g
1%Total Carbohydrate 4g
0%Dietary Fiber 0g