Velveeta Cheesy Skillet Turkey Mac w/ Harvest Grain BreadMay 21, 2012 at 5:15 PM | Posted in diabetes, diabetes friendly, ground turkey, Jennie-O Turkey Products, pasta, spices and herbs, Velveeta/Kraft Dinners | Leave a comment
Tags: Beef mince, Cumin, Ground Turkey, Rustic Roads (Wisconsin), Sea salt, Seasoning, Turkey, Velveeta
Love these one pot meals! I used Kraft/Velveeta Cheesy Skillets Dinner Kit/Ultimate Cheeseburger Mac. The dinner kit includes: Pasta, Velveeta Cheese Sauce, and Seasoning pack. All I had to do was add the 2 cups of water and 1 lb. of Ground Turkey. I used Jennie – O Extra Lean Ground Turkey. Using the Extra Lean Ground Turkey instead of the Ground Beef you can lower the calorie count by anywhere from 60 – 80 calories! As I browned the Turkey I added Sea Salt, Pepper, and Ground Smoked Cumin for seasoning. It’s ready in about 10 minutes. I then add 2 cups of water, the seasoning and pasta. Simmer for 11 – 13 minutes and add the Velveeta Cheese and your ready for dinner. I’ll leave the instructions at the end of the post. It’s 350 calories and 27 carbs but you can lower the calorie count by using the Ground Turkey as stated above. I had a slice of Meijer Bakery Harvest Grain Bread topped with I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter. This makes one hearty and tasty meal! They have different varieties of the Velvveta Skillets, I’ve tried 3 different ones and they are all delicious! For dessert/snack a 100 Calorie Mini Bag of Jolly Time pop Corn
Velveeta Cheesy Skillets Ultimate Cheeseburger Mac
* 1 LB. Ground Beef or Ground Turkey (Extra Lean)
* Sea Salt, Pepper, Cilantro, Ground Smoked Cumin to taste; Optional
* 2 Cups Water
* 1 Velveeta Cheesy Skillets Dinner Kit/Ultimate Cheeseburger Mac
* Brown and season 1 LB. Ground Turkey in large skillet. Drain
* Add 2 cups water, seasoning and pasta. Bring to a boil. Reduce Heat.
* Cover, Simmer and stir often until most of water is gone about 11-13 minutes. Remove from heat.
* Add Cheese from Velveeta Cheese Pouch. Stir in Cheese Sauce and serve