Turkey Meatloaf Sandwich w/ Green Beans and Mashed PotatoesFebruary 11, 2012 at 6:24 PM | Posted in diabetes, diabetes friendly, greenbeans, Healthy Life Whole Grain Breads, Idahoan Potato Products, low calorie, low carb, turkey meatloaf | Leave a comment
Tags: Egg Beaters, Green Bean, Ketchup, Mashed potato, Meat Loaf, Onion, Turkey, Worcestershire sauce
The wind chill was 2 degrees this morning, BRRR! It’s going to be a cold and blustry day around here so what would be better than a hot and healthy comfort food dinner to the insides up. i had previously made Turkey Meatloaf and had a mini pan frozen. I sit it out in the morning and it was ready to be warmed by dinner. I never was a fan of Meatloaf until I started making my own using Ground Turkey. Now it’s one of my favorite comfort foods. I’ll leave the recipe at the end of the post.
Along with the Turkey Meatloaf I had sides of Green Beans and Mashed Potatoes. I used Healthy Life Whole Grain Buns for my sandwich. For a dessert/snack later a bag of Jolly Time 100 Calorie Mini Bag of Pop Corn. Stay Warm!
* Instead of the 1 cup of Chopped Onions I used 1/4 Cup of Chopped Chives and 2 Teaspoon of Onion Powder *
* I also used 3 Mini Loaf Foil Pans instead of the 1 8×4 pan *
2 Tablespoons Butter or I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter
3 Cloves Garlic, Minced
1 1/4 lbs Ground Turkey
1/2 Cup Italian Breadcrumbs
1/4 Cup Egg Substitute (Egg Beaters)
1 Cup Catsup
2 Tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
2 Teaspoons Smoked Cumin
2 Teaspoons Onion Powder
2 Teaspoons Ground Thyme
2 Teaspoons Parsley
3/4 Teaspoon Sea Salt
1/2 Teaspoon Black Pepper
1. Melt butter in a skillet.
2. Garlic in melted butter for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Place mixture in a large bowl to cool for 5 minutes.
4. Combine turkey, bread crumbs, egg, 1/4 cup of the catsup, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper with garlic mixture.
5. Press meatloaf into an 8×4-inch loaf pan.
6. Spread remaining catsup on top.
7. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 50-55 minutes.
8. (Internal temperature should reach 165 degrees.) Remove from oven and let stand 5 minutes before serving.