Velveeta Cheesy Skillet Turkey Mac w/ French BreadNovember 15, 2011 at 6:20 PM | Posted in diabetes, diabetes friendly, Food, ground turkey, Jennie-O Turkey Products, low calorie, low carb | Leave a comment
Tags: Beef mince, Black pepper, Cumin, Ground Turkey, Sea salt, Seasoning, Turkey, Velveeta
I love these one pot mealsI used Kraft/Velveeta Cheesy Skillets Dinner Kit/Ultimate Cheeseburger Mac. The dinner kit includes: Pasta, Velveeta Cheese Sauce, and Seasoning pack. All I had to do was add the 2 cups of water and 1lb. of Ground Turkey. I used Jennie – O Extra Lean Ground Turkey. Using the Extra Lean Ground Turkey instead of the Ground Beef you can lower the calorie count by anywhere from 60 – 80 calories! As I browned the Turkey I added Sea Salt, Pepper, and Ground Smoked Cumin for seasoning. It’s ready in about 20 minutes. I’ll leave the instructions at the end of the post. It’s 350 calories and 27 carbs but you can lower the calorie count by using the Ground Turkey as stated above. I had a side of Pillsbury Rustic French Bread.
* 1 LB. Ground Beef or Ground Turkey (Extra Lean)
* Sea Salt, Pepper, Gound Smoked Cumin to taste; Optional
* 2 Cups Water
* 1 Velveeta Cheesy Skillets Dinner Kit/Ultimate Cheeseburger Mac
* Brown and season 1 LB. Ground Turkey in large skillet. Drain
* Add 2 cups water, seasoning and pasta. Bring to a boil. Reduce Heat.
* Cover, Simmer and stir often until most of water is gone about 11-13 minutes. Remove from heat.
* Add Cheese from Velveeta Cheese Pouch. Stir in Cheese Sauce and serve!