Shrimp TacosMarch 20, 2011 at 6:40 PM | Posted in diabetes, Food, low calorie, low carb, salsa, tacos, tortilllas, vegetables | 6 Comments
Today’s Menu: Shrimp Tacos
I made and had Shrimp Tacos for the first time, and this will not be the last time! They turned out fantastic! The Shrimp was tasty and cooked just right and all the seasoning and ingredients came together just right. Too good!
(Makes 2 Tacos or Burritos)
6 Jumbo or Extra Large Shrimp
1 Teaspoon McCormick Cilantro Leaves
1/2 Teaspoon Ground Corriander Seed
1/2 Teaspoon Ground Cummin
Sea Salt and Ground Black Pepper (To Taste)
1 Tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 Leaves of Lettuce
2 Tablespoons Reduced Sour Cream
1/4 Cup Kraft 2% Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
1/4 Cup Salsa ( I used my favorite Naturally Preferred Organic Black Bean and Corn Salsa)
2 Soft Tortillas ( Whole Grain or Corn Flour )
* Preheat, medium heat, medium size skillet. Before heating spray pan using Pam Spray With Olive Oil. After pan has heated add Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
* As pan is heating heat Tortillas as directed by Tortilla instructions. (I heated mine by microwave )
* Add Shrimp and season with all the seasonings. Cook Shrimp 2 – 3 minutes per side.
* Lay a leaf of the Lettuce on each Tortilla then add Shrimp on the Lettuce, 3 Shrimp per Tortilla.
* Add your toppings, to taste. Salsa, Sour Cream, and Mozzarella Cheese. Fold the tortilla your favorite way or leave open face.